The Model 5742 is purpose designed for testing DCR on chip components such as resistors, inductors, common mode chokes, fuses, etc. with the greatest precision available on any commercial test fixture. This is accomplished with extensive shielding and grounding of all components of the fixture, expert contact design and use of robust mechanical components. Applications include QC, QA, lot qualification and small volume production testing of high reliability chip components. This fixture is also very well suited for use with the master meter in a production department. An optional digital indicator can be fitted to either or both test heads for maximum control and repeatability of the distance between electrodes for pressure sensitive parts. Model 5742 signal cables can be fitted with banana plugs or BNC connectors, depending on the meter that is used.
- Length 7 inches (18 cm)
- Width 2.5 inches (6.5 cm)
- Height 2.5 inches (6.5 cm)
The SKG Model 5742 is:
- Versatile - specified for chips sizes 01005 to 1812 (metric 0402 to 4832)
- Operator friendly - light weight and easy for the operator to use
- Efficient - quick and easy set up when changing chip sizes
- Precise - the most repeatable test fixture available on the commercial market
- Reasonable cost
- Robust - little or no maintenance required for long periods, cleaning of electrode tips only
- Equipped with banana plugs when used with meters that require banana plugs or BNC connectors when used with meters that use BNC connectors, for example, the Agilent 4338B.